Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Pops: Fatherhood in Pieces by Michael Chabon

genre: memoir

Pops is a slim series of essays based on the childhood and parenting experiences of our author. As he reflects on what he has learned through his children, as well as reflects on his life as child himself and as a writer, we come to appreciate the intricacies woven into the parent and child relationship.

I chose this book completely randomly because its title fit the prompt of one of my reading challenges. I found myself surprisingly engaged and I thought the writing was thoughtful and sometimes quite poignant.   And while he sometimes comes off as a bit pompous, at the end of each day I found myself, by the end, appreciating how he tied ideas together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...