Saturday, November 28, 2009

2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

Wahoo!! I'm up for my 3rd annual young adult challenge. J. Kaye is spicing things up this year, with some categories! I've only ever done 12, but I am going to go for

Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels

25!! What could be better?? I've made my initial list below, but will obviously be adding to it as the year goes by :) I'm going to be trying to clear out my massive drawer of to-be-read books, so I've at least put those down to start with :)

update 2/10: wow, I am finding so many good ones - I may end up completing the "Stepping it Up" level! (50 books) I'm just going to keep adding on as I read :)

1. Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst
2. Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler
3. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
4. The Declaration by Gemma Malley
5. The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
6. Salt by Maurice Gee
7. Shiva's Fire by Suzanne Fisher Staples
8. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
9. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
10. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
11. Candor by Pam Bachorz
12. Songs of Power by Hilari Bell
13. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
14. The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley
15. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
16. Lips Touch Three Times by Laini Taylor
17. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
18. Kissing the Bee by Kathe Koja
19. The Line by Teri Hall
20. Genesis by Bernard Beckett
21. Exodus by Julie Bertagna
22. The Island at the End of the World by Sam Taylor
23. Libyrinth by Pearl North
24. Lost by Jacqueline Davies
25. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
26.Saving Maddie by Varian Johnson
27. Bunker 10 by J. A. Henderson
28. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
29. North of Beautiful
30.The Truth About Forever
31. The Compound by S. A. Bodeen
32. Zenith by Julie Bertagna
33. This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer
34. Numbers by Rachel Ward
35. Elixir by Hilary Duff
36. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
37. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen

6 comments:

Beth F said...

I love this challenge, and I'm in again.

morninglight mama said...

Can I recommend a new YA title- Candor by Pam Bachorz? It was fantastic, I thought, and the bonus is that she's a local author from Silver Spring. A friend of mine's husband also just published his first novel, also YA- it's called- Struts and Frets by Jon Skovron. I haven't read it yet, but have read some good reviews.

:)

bermudaonion said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Young Adult Reading Challenge. I am so glad you decided to take the plunge. It’s going to be a fun year. I can just feel it.

erin sheely said...

I love lots of those books on your list!! Super fun

Deb said...

have you not read "the westing game" yet? that's one of my favorites. i've only read one other on your list, so thanks for the ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...