Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Classics Challenge


Trish is doing a Classics Challenge that will fit in with a lot of what I'm already planning to read, it's running through the end of December. Hopefully I can throw a new thing in or two :) I guess I am defining "classic" as something that's been around for a while that seems to have found a place among the "must reads." Usually it's something I can imagine being discussed in any non-modern literature class at school or something I can imagine a friend saying to me "You've never read that? It's a classic!!".

1. So Big by Edna Ferber
2. Very Good, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
3. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
4. Silas Marner by George Elliot
5. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Bonus:
6. The Invention of Hugo Cabret - Brian Selznick

3 comments:

Cami said...

I love love love your selections. I am reading 2 of them myself, and I've only not read The Bell Jar! Maybe I'll try this challenge in my own little head.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I have The Bell Jar collecting dust on my shelf--you've reminded me I need to read it! I've heard great things about Hugo Cabret. :)

Thanks for joining and I look forward to reading your thoughts on these books!

erin sheely said...

i read the bell jar...i can't remember a whole lot of what i thought about it, it was a few years ago. i remember it was sad...you'll have to remind me about it. and i have avoided reading silas marner for years...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...