Sunday, October 11, 2009

challenge-y stuffs

There are some challenges I choose not to resist, despite the giant pile of books waiting to be read in my to-be-read drawer that has spilled into giant piles on top of my dresser :) And what is pushing me over the edge? The Young Adult Dystopian Reading Challenge. What? You heard me right, someone went ahead and created a challenge about my second favorite genre :) The first being, of course, apocalyptic fiction which really is practically the same thing :)
I am going to read:

1. Genesis by Bernard Beckett
2. Feed by M.T. Anderson

Wahoo! I have to finish them before the end of the year.

Also, I finished some challenges I never wrote up - and I have finally moved them to the "completed" side of my sidebar, so I want to mention how much fun I had.

For this challenge I read one book. That is a small amount, but still made me happy to have participated: R.I.P. IV

Yes, my favorite genre: apocalyptic fiction (especially if it's YA, OH MAN that's the best): It's the End of the World Reading Challenge . Awesome.

This one stretched me, I'm not gonna lie: The Classics Challenge 2009. The Scarlett Letter? Worth it, but not easy. Dune? Certainly very interesting but NOT an easy read either. Kinda proud of myself for doing this one two years in a row. I'm already thinking about next year.

Also, the A-Z challenge, geographic version, is being hard for me. First of all, how many places DO start with the letter Q? I have googled Qatar and authors from Qatar and books set in Qatar and if anyone has any brilliant ideas about ANY PLACE, ficitional or otherwise, that STARTS with Q, please pass it on. I am not planning on actually finishing this one in 09. I'm hoping to finish it before I die. What is my problem?

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This is the perfect challenge for you! Have fun with it!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I thought of Quebec?:)

Abbie said...

What about Queensland, a state of Australia? Some great authors come from there.

Veens said...

Don't get me started on the challenge updates.. I have officially completely NOTHING.. exceptht he Jap Challenge!
And well I thought I could read 2 books for RIP! and well I have read just one.. and that was not EVEN SPOOKY!

No I haven't read a simgle book for Classics challenge.. only 1 in 5 of War challenge.. God! I am officially demotivated to read for challenges at ALL!
Didn't I tell you to NOT get me started on challenges **SIGH**

well! dnt worry.. I will koin more nxt year ;) :) :)

Veens said...

*I will join more nxt year!

sorry for the mis-spells!

Unknown said...

Welcome aboard, hope you have a lot of fun with my challenge!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm doing so terribly at the classics challenge that I don't even want to think about next year.. :) Of course, I'll host again and hopefully make it a little more interactive. And it isn't a true challenge if it isn't at least a little stretching, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...