Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jewish Literature Challenge 2009


Melissa, my great challenge finder, found this one: the Jewish Literature Challenge. Perfect. Here's the lowdown:

What: Reading at least 4 books by Jewish Authors or about Judaism
When: December 21, 2008 (Beginning of Hanukkah) to April 27, 2009 (End of Passover)
Are you wondering more about what books are okay?
Fiction, Non-fiction, memoirs, Adult books, Teen books, Children's books, books about the Holocaust, books about anti-semitism, books about Jewish Life, Jewish Culture, Jewish Customs. Books by Jewish Authors no matter what the subject.

My list:
1. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
2. Davita's Harp by Chaim Potok
3. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
4. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (so, technically I've already read this one, but it was about 10 years ago and I borrowed it and I only remember that I liked it. I'd like to remember more this time. Plus, a friend gave me a copy for my birthday a few years ago :)
5. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm definitely doing this one. People of the Book is very good and Davita's Harp is an old favourite of mine. I've read all Chaim Potok's novels. You've got some good reading there.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I've got People of the Book on my shelf! haven't gotten around to it yet...

I loved The Red Tent! It's one that I would love to re-read as well.

Melissa said...

Drat. I forgot I wanted to read People of the Book. Another one for the pile... (perhaps I should sneak it into my Nook book selections for Februrary...)

alisonwonderland said...

i read and really enjoyed People of the Book earlier this year, and Davita's Harp is a favorite of mine. happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...