Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orbis Terrarum Challenge 09

My dear friend Bethany is hosting this challenge again, how can I not join in the fun?

Main Challenge Rules:
*The Orbis Terrarum Challenge begins March 1 2009(you are welcome to join later) Through the end of 2009.
*For the challenge each reader is to choose 10 books (for the 10 months).
*Each book must from a different country, I have decided to go by the country of origin of the author, or the country he/she lives in is fine as well.
*You don't have to have a list, that means you can change your mind at any time. As long as there are 10 from 10 different countries, written by 10 different authors: Anything goes.

My list isn't finished, but here's a start:

1. Silence by Shasaku Endo (Japan)
2. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (Australia)
3. Ties That Bind, Ties That Break by Lensey Namioka (China)
4. Tales of Thailand by Pira Sudham (Thailand)
5. Paradise of the Blind by Duong Thu Huong (Vietnam)
6. Banker to the Poor by Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh)
7. The Midwife by Jennifer Worth (England)
8. A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi (Nigeria)
9. The Wishmaker by Ali Sethi (Pakistan)
10. Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga (Zimbabwe)

2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ahhhh! I didn't know that People of the Book was Australia! I might have to add it to my list as it's been sitting on my shelf for almost a year.

So glad you're doing this challenge with us again.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

yeah!! Welcome to the challenge :) I hope you have fun reading the books this year. Last year I remember one of the first you read for this challenge was Absent I think from Iraq.

Cool list!! I can't wait to see all the fun books people pick this year.

Happy reading friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...