Tuesday, August 26, 2008

R.I.P. Challenge


I've heard of this challenge before, but never tried it. Horror/Suspense/Thriller books are not so much my thing, but Carl over at Stainless Steel Droppings does a fantastic job so I am going to just get my feet we this time.



I will be doing:Which means that between now and Halloween I will:

Read One book of any length from one of the subgenres listed above.

I know. One book - Evernight by Claudia Gray, but hey, it's out of my comfort zone, right? Here's the book I am going to try, which my library tagged as "vampire stories-fiction, horror":
Here's to some gory, Halloween-type fun :)

5 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am proud of you, way to go!!!

Jenni said...

COOL!! I love the Jack pic and I am anxious to hear what you think of Evernight - sounds awesome to me:)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'll probably only read one book as well--but it is twice the size of my normal reading (800 pages!!) so that in and of itself is scary enough for the RIP Challenge! (Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell)

Happy Reading!!

Anonymous said...

Carl does do such a great job as challenge host. :)

Hooray for stepping out of your comfort zone. I'm thinking of doing that during Carl's Sci Fi Experience in January...

Hope you enjoy the book!

wonderlandchick said...

Looking forward to your opinion on this one. I recently purchased it for the library and haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...