Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Young Adult Romance Challenge

HA!! And you thought I already had a gazillion challenges I was doing, you silly :) I found another, so wahoo for me. I am being selective about these things, I swear :) How could I pass up a challenge all about one of my favorite genres? Here's the thing:

  • Read six YA romance novels between July 1, 2008 and February 28, 2009.
  • Romance should be a strong element within the story. But it doesn't have to be the only element. Realistic fiction (contemporary). Historical. Fantasy. Science Fiction. Retold Fairy Tales. All genres are allowed.
  • They can be part of a series, or stand-alones.
  • They can be long or short.
  • Happy books are NOT a requirement
  • Audio books are allowed.
  • Up to three movies can be substituted for books. So you could watch 3 movies, read 3 books if you prefer.
I'm going to try for six books (two will be books I'm already doing for other challenges), but I guess I'll watch three movies at the end if I need to :)

My list (always, of course, subject to change)

1.Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher
2.Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
3.Incantation by Alice Hoffman
4 This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
5. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
6. Beastly by Alex Flinn

3 comments:

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

I am totally out of the YA loop....it is a bummer because these look like really good reads!

Alessandra said...

I haven't read any of these... so I look forward to reading your reviews!

erin sheely said...

hurray!!! i'll get my list up soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...