Saturday, September 24, 2022

Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah

 genre: fiction

When a tragedy lands Dr. Liam Campbell's wife Michaela (Mike) in a coma in their hometown hospital, it's all he can do to keep his life with their two children together.  In the small town of Angel Falls, there are no secrets that aren't spread like wildfire and Mike's accident isn't any different.  While Liam has the support of his tight community, it's soon clear that Mike's past is demanding to be be reckoned with - whether Liam is ready to deal with it or not.

This is like one of the better Hallmark movies.  It moves quickly, it's interesting enough, the small-town feel is on the verge of completely unbelievable.  I read it quick and I cared about these characters and what happened to them.  Mike's history wasn't what I'd expected but I believed the fallout from the reveal and I was okay being along for the ride.   It verged on pedantic sometimes but again, I was entertained so I'm gonna give it three stars and call it a day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...