Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Ravens by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige

 genre: new adult urban fantasy

When Vivi decides she is going to go to college at Westerly, she has no idea that their most exclusive sorority, Kappa Rho Nu, is so much more than the fancy Southern charm on the surface. Kappa Rho Nu is actually a coven of witches, and one of their most upstanding members has a dark secret that even fellow witches would condemn her for.  When Vivi decides she wants to try pledge, she has no idea how it's going change the trajectory of her Freshman year - and her life.

Okay, is a B-movie horror chick flick in book form.  I know.  But it was was exactly the sort of atmospheric, creepy, witchy book I was looking for so I'm not going to blame it for being exactly what I thought it would be when I picked it up.  Plot holes abound, the love is insta-style and the writing isn't spectacular but hey - reading about witchy sorority girls on a dark October night is a vibe, so sue me :)

3 stars

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...