Friday, September 30, 2016

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows (audiobook)

genre: young adult historical fantasy

Perhaps you have heard of Lady Jane Grey?  Reluctant girl-queen who reigned over England for a mere nine days in the 1550s? Imagine her story retold, only with shapeshifting and a few new bits that history forgot along the way AND, I would imagine, a LOT more comedy.

I seriously am not going to say any more about it because this one was SUCH a fun audio to listen to with no preconceived ideas. The reader was 5 our of 5 stars, truly, her voices were incredible and varied and her sense of comedy is phenomenal.  This book had me laughing out loud all alone in my car.  I also really love a book where the narrators pop in and give their opinions, snarky as they may be, and the authors of this one are spot on.  I also love the feminist slant, Jane's strong personality and the romantic storylines are delightful.  The backbone of the book is historical fact and the rest is just fun.

I've been looking for a fun audiobook for a long time and finally, this one hit the spot.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...