Monday, April 8, 2024

The Wild Robot Escapes by Peter Brown

 genre: children's science fiction

Our precious Wild Robot Roz has been taken from her island home.  She has been sent to work on a farm, forced to labor for her new family but of course, on the inside, she is missing the animal family and life that she knew.  Can Roz reunite with Brightbill?  And if they can, is there any way for Roz to return home again?

I want to hug this author for creating chapter books that my 11.5 year old sons will snuggle on my bed and let me read aloud to them.  It is a gift.  Roz is resourceful and compassionate.  She makes friends and she is so loyal.  There is tenderness and adventure and new friends and old friends and everything good about the first book is found here as well.  The writing is tight and exciting sometimes, other times we are wandering and scheming and solving problems, as one does when one is a wild robot.

We will absolutely read the next book in this story.  My boys and I, we are all in.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...