Friday, September 3, 2021

Project Hail Mary by Any Weir

 genre: science fiction

When Ryland wakes up from what must has been some kind of coma, all Ryland Grace knows is that he’s alone. And on a spaceship. In space. It takes a while for his brain to start piecing together what happened and when it does - it’s bleak. Ryland is on a mission to save humanity. By himself.
 
I read this on my kindle and I DEVOURED it. I had no idea of how long it was until I finished and looked. I was completely all-in from the very beginning and from that moment until the end, this story totally captivated me. It has thrilling and scary moments, funny moments, so much science and creativity and curiosity and even a little bit of heart. It is science fiction the way I love it to be and so I never had to suspend my disbelief at all - I’m no molecular biologist or planetary scientist. For me, it’s all plausible! I love the direction that it took, the way I felt that even as a reader that I was part of something bigger than myself. If you enjoyed the Martian (I loved it!) then I suggest doing yourself a favor and not finding out anything else about this book -  let it surprise you. I doubt you would be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...