Monday, June 28, 2021

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson (audiobook)

genre: non-fiction, science

In this short collection about the cosmos and our place in it, deGrasse-Tyson asks us to open our minds to the intricacies of creation. We are taken to the stars themselves and then to their most elemental parts. Planets and stardust, the Big Bang and its most minuscule timeline, pathways of electrons and the soup of space - all of it. It’s there to know, if only we have the right tools to see and the desire to look.

I don’t honesty know how much of what I read (listened to) will stick in my head. Despite it being for people in a hurry, I had to slow down to understand (I mean, as much as I could). I had to listen in short chunks to let my brain settle. There is a lot in a short space here but it’s beautifully written and opened my mind to both the tiny and mighty as well as the grandiose and ever expanding.


1 comment:

Kim Aippersbach said...

I've been looking for audiobooks that might help put me to sleep, and this one sounds promising! Not that I think it sounds boring, but it sounds like it would make my brain tired! Great title.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...