Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Warrior Queen by Emily R. King

genre: young adult fantasy

(this is the fourth book in the Hundredth Queen Series, so read the first three first :)

A kind of peace has finally settled.  Bhutas are in the palace, unashamed, and Ashwin is preparing to accept his rightful place as ruler.  But for Kalinda, her foundation has been shaken.  So much of who she was is no longer a part of her life.  Friends have been lost and, most importantly, her love is in the Void.  Deven has managed to find a way to come and visit her, but at what cost?  His life there is unsustainable and Kali would give anything to save him - if she can just figure out how to do it. 

Finally!  On this, the fourth book, I felt like the author came into her own and the plot really moved forward.  So many different storylines, twists and turns that really interested me and didn't require me to crazy suspend my disbelief (at least not as much as the other books did).  The writing was tighter too - her word choice still drives me crazy sometimes - but overall this was for sure the best of the four books for me.  I liked how so many of the different characters we met throughout the books came into play in the final scenes.  And I actually really liked the ending.  I'm glad I stuck it out with this series so I could appreciate the Kalinda who rose from the ashes of disaster into a life she actually could choose for herself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...