Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

genre: ya

Incarceron. The brainchild of wise men: put all criminals, dead beats and lowlifes into a perfect world - and then lock them up there. Never to escape. Claudia knows Incarceron exists because her father is the Warden, the keeper of the solution. Not that he tells her its secrets - Claudia also knows she's a pawn in the game that's being played: her engagement to the heir to the throne has meant that she's been bred to think and to act.

Finn, on the other hand, was born in a cell. That's what he's been told, anyway, he doesn't actually remember. All he knows is that he has visions that might somehow might be the key to escaping - if there really is a place to escape to.

It's been too long since a book grabbed me like this one did. A fantastical prison that has a mind of it's own? Royal intrigue? Intense characters? Tightly written, it kept me GUESSING and I loved the mix of sci-fi and historical. Really really, I loved it. This is one of those books that I just kept wanting to pick up instead of doing things like feeding or bathing my children.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm glad to hear it's so good - that cover is just gorgeous!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yes! I felt the same way - it totally sucked me in and left me guessing to the end. Loved it!

Melissa said...

Yay! Great minds, eh? I loved how you summed up the plot; that was so hard for me to do. It was so complex. Can't wait for the next one.

Okie said...

I really want to read this book. Almost picked it up last weekend.

Thanks for a great review

Irish said...

Great review ... I just got this in the post the other day and looking forward to reading it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...