Thursday, September 12, 2024

What Time the Sexton's Spade Doth Rust by Alan Bradley (audiobook)

 genre: mystery

Precious and precocious Flavia de Luce.  Once again, someone in Bishop's Lacey has turned up dead - and this time, someone dear to Flavia is a prime suspect!  With her irritating cousin Undine always underfoot, Flavia will use all her wits, chemistry know-how and cleverness to find her way into the heart of this mystery, with many good laughs and tender moments along the way.

Honestly, this book is everything I've always loved about these novels.  I want to HUG it.  Flavia is so delightful - and I know that the narrator has had a huge part in making me fall in love with her.  I want Flavia to be a real person and I want her to help me solve ALL the mysteries.  She feels things so deeply and she is so freaking funny.  I love how in this installment we dig deeper into her family-you-choose and get to know some of our former side characters better.   The writing is both intelligent and engaging, it's like a warm bowl of soup on a cold day.  Genuinely, these books are a comfort food for me now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...