Sunday, July 14, 2024

Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson

 genre: timeslip fiction

When Richard sees a photograph of a young Elise McKenna hanging on the wall of his hotel, there is something that connects him to her.  Even knowing she was old enough to be his grandmother, something about her calls to him across time.  So, he learns all he can about this celebrated actress as well as the possibility of the only way he can ever meet her: time travel.  

The only reason I sought this book out is because I'd really loved the movie of it when I was young and I was feeling nostalgic.  It is just about what I remembered, the bones of it are absolutely the same.  The writing was fairly enjoyable and if I didn't know what was going to happen, I think it would've really kept my attention.  A few things near the end were boring and I skimmed a bit.  The truth is, too, that while immediate love is somehow believable in the movies, I had a harder time believing it in the book.  Still, I did want to finish it and I'm not sorry I let myself have this little jaunt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...