Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (audiobook)

genre: fantasy

When a demon and an angel come to the same conclusion, that the world is on the virtual cusp of Armageddon, they should do something to stop it, right? I mean, if they're fairly comfortable with the way things are going right now, that would make the most sense.  And so if the Antichrist could be maybe...redirected and if one particular book, namely, The and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, could be interpreted in such as way as to maybe gum things up a bit as well, that would certainly be in HUMANKIND's best interest.

And thus this completely zany book tells a story of what the end of the world could be.  Yes, it jumps around a lot.  Yes, there is a lot to track and some characters are funnier than others - but some characters are FUNNY.  I laughed out loud and I was entertained and sometimes I was vaguely lost but I found myself again quickly.  I think the audio absolutely helped me get through this, the voices are so well done that it certainly added to the humor.  I have read some Pratchett and more Gaiman and this book felt like way more of a mashup than one or the other switching off.  I like Gaiman's solo works better than this one but while it maybe went a bit slow, I'm not sorry I stuck with it!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...