Sunday, June 19, 2022

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

 genre: women's fiction

Holly's beloved husband Gerry has passed away and Holly is devastated. After fifteen years together, she can’t imagine life without him - and yet somehow she has to keep living. When she’s given a box of letters that Gerry left behind for her, it’s as though he’s speaking to her from beyond the grave - and Holly needs that connection so badly. Will a supportive family and staunch friends be enough to help Holly heal?

This isn’t a particularly mind blowing book. It is rather repetitive and borders on cheesy sometimes. However, I was interested in Holly‘s journey and I was more than a little surprised by how it ended. I appreciate that there are people that could really benefit from this book and, I feel like the depth of Holly’s loss is portrayed in a pretty authentic way. There is no mincing around her pain, it is real and it affects everything. I liked the Irish setting as well, overall it just didn’t grab me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...