Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (audiobook)

genre: suspense/thriller/murder mystery

The famous painter, Alicia Berenson's husband is dead and she isn't talking.  Not just remaining silent about the crime - Alicia is not talking AT ALL.  And Theo Faber, a psychotherapist, wants to know why.  He is determined to work with Alicia and help "wake" her, he will follow every lead in Alicia's life until the clues lead him to an answer.

Part medical thriller, part murder mystery, this engaged me from the start.  It does have a lot of twists and the book itself, while a novel, has the suspense of a screenplay sometimes, which I really enjoyed.  You never know who you can trust and I appreciated how Alicia's art is such a huge part of her story.  I probably should've seen the ending coming but I totally didn't, which was a pleasant surprise.  Too much foul language (and graphic scenes) for me to recommend to everyone but I did find this a good read.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...