Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn

genre: young adult contemporary fiction

When Kimi decides to spend her spring break in Japan with the grandparents she barely knows, she knows she SHOULD spend that time figuring her life out.  But THAT is easier said than done when all she really knows is that she doesn't think being an artist is her life's calling like she'd thought.  Meeting a super cute boy and the distraction that comes with that doesn't really help either until Japan and its beauty works its own magic to help Kimi make the kind of choices that will create the life that will really bring her joy.

First of all this is cute.  And cheesy.  Cheesy and cute.  Both at the same time.  And I LOVED my little trip to Japan through Kimi's effulgent eyes.  It was on the verge of being a little bit didactic, as Kimi and her crush talk so much about how young adults should make their choices and I knew from the end of the first chapter how it would end but I loved the story arc with the grandparents and Kimi's family enough that I could overlook it.  This was a like a sweet treat and I enjoyed it as I do most sweet treats :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...