Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (audiobook)


genre: murder mystery

The Orient Express is traveling through a storm when it is suddenly caught in a snowdrift and stopped. Hercule Poirot, the famous international detective, hardly has time to wonder what's happened before it is clear that there has been a murder on the train - but who could've done it?  Did someone manage to get onto the train at the previous station or is the murderer a passenger on the train?  It will require all his powers of deduction, as well as his excellent grasp of psychology, to figure out what happened, before it's too late.

This is only the second Agatha Christie I've read and I have to say, I did enjoy it.  I actually listened to the audiobook and while it made it a bit confusing to keep the characters straight, Dan Stevens' (Dan Stevens!!) fabulous narration helped a lot, his different voices were incredibly well done.  The story is paced well and there are several interesting characters - caricatures, some of them, but funny none the less.   I found that I didn't really ever guess anything that was going to happen until it was practically handed to me, so that kept me engaged in the story.  Murder mysteries aren't my favorite but this was good fun, probably mostly because of Dan Stevens :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...