Monday, June 27, 2016

Named of the Dragon by Susanna Kearsley

genre: paranormal fiction

Convinced by her crazy friend Bridget to spend holidays on the Welsh Coast, Lyn is hoping for some peace along with the chance to explore the ancient sites and getting to know Bridget's latest boyfriend, who just happens to be a famous author.  With feverish nightmares plaguing her since the stillborn death of her only child, Lyn's dreams begin to change as she meets the mother of a young son who fears for his life.  Cryptic clues from Arthurian legends give clues that there is a mystery that goes even deeper than Lyn can imagine.

Truth: this is not my favorite Susanna Kearsley.  I didn't super love how the Arthurian threads tied in and I like her duel-time-period books better.  BUT.  This caught and kept my attention and I liked Lyn as a character.  It definitely made me want to visit Pembrokeshire, she does a wonderful job creating a sense of place.  I have never yet been actually disappointed by one of her books and while I can't rave about it, it was exactly what I needed for my beach week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...