Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015 in books

I want to take a minute to talk about 2015's reading.  I set a random goal: 60 books, that equals 5 per month.  I made it by the skin of my teeth! I finished my 61st book right before the end of the year.  According to Goodreads, I read 20,631 pages.  I like this fun infographic Goodreads made for me!

By the numbers:

Adult Fiction (not historical and including science fiction) 12
Historical Fiction 8
Nonfiction 8
Mystery 2
Young Adult 24
Children's 3


So, I will admit here that I am a very picky reader.  I only rated FOUR books with 5 stars in 2015.   My top choices were:

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell - a delightful classic about a small English town full of women



The Martian by Andy Weir - science fiction novel about a man who gets left behind on Mars and has to survive on his own (warning, lots of swears)






All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr  - historical fiction set during World War 2, about a German boy and a blind French girl and the way their lives intertwine




Rook by Sharon Cameron - young adult speculative fiction super loosely based on the Scarlett Pimpernell

Hopefully I'll find a few more this year that amaze be, but either way, I know I'll learn some stuff and certainly be entertained.  My goal this year is 62 - just so I'm moving forward :)   Here's to my favorite hobby!!

cross-posted

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...