Sunday, September 30, 2012

Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl

genre: young adult historical fiction

Althea knows what she must do: find herself a wealthy husband so she can save her family's rundown pseudo-castle from ruin.  Of course, if he's handsome, so much the better. In a time where women are sought after for either their beautiful looks or a fine fortune, Althea knows she needs to play her cards right - and if she can be happy when all is said and done, well, that's just going to be the icing on the cake.

What a fluffy and delightful read!  This short novel is, as the front of my book says, a great read for those who like I Capture the Castle (which I do) - or Georgette Heyer (which I also do).  Althea is not a little bit like Lizzie from our beloved Pride and Prejudice, which just adds to the fun.  It's romantic and silly and because it isn't trying to be anything else, I can't complain one bit.

note: if you're interested in the content of the books I read, please go to http://ratedreads.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...