Friday, March 18, 2011

Saffy's Angel by Hilary McKay


genre: young adult

What is Saffy's Angel? The story of Saffy, how she finds out she was adopted into her family of two sisters and a brother and how they help her to find a part of herself that was lost.

Describe it in one word? Delightful

A different one? Charming.

The best part? The characters, their British ways and individual quirks, their love for each other and how they interact. There are no superfluous characters in this book. Period. Each one is well rounded and an integral part of Saffy's journey.

I'm a total fan.

book 2 of Melissa's list for the Book Blogger Swap challenge

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Yay! I think the second book in the series was my fave, but I loved them all.

bermudaonion said...

Ah, I love delightful and charming books!

Melissa said...

Yay, another Casson family fan! Don't you just want to move in next door to them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...