Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

I've read this one before, and liked it a lot. In preparation for the movie version, I just read it again - out loud to two of my children (8 and 5 1/2), this time. While I had to make many more explanations along the way in this book, compared to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, they still got very involved in it. It seemed so much longer, reading it outloud, but I really liked its focus on faith and the rewards of staying faithful.

It was hard to explain all the strange and random Greek creatures - that part is a bit bizarre. My kids did good at just letting that go and got completely caught up in being with their friends Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy again - and loved, especially Caspian and the honorable mouse Reepicheep. Enough adventure for all of us.

1 comment:

Michelle... said...

I love this series. I first read one in my children's lit. class at the Y and went back and read the series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...