Monday, March 4, 2024

Above Ground by Clint Smith (audiobook)

genre: poetry

I still have goose-bumps, right now, from listening to the author read his collection of poetry. It has been a LONG time since I just listened to poetry and I forgot how I can be moved by it.  MOVED.  Clint's words lulled me and reminded me of the beautiful moments we can take for granted.  They made me feel nostalgic for times and places that aren't mine.  His way of making words create an image made me want to wrap my language around me like a giant quilt, so grateful for how a voice making sounds can tell me so much, even in the spaces.  From maternity wards to the shores of Louisiana, from deep inside the heart of a father to the face of stranger deserving of compassion, Clint Smith made me feel so deeply.

If you even think you might ever like to try poetry, try this.  Please.  I would put it in the hands of every language lover that is in my circle.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...