Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken (graphic novel)

genre: graphic novel, fantasy 

Sydelle’s skill with a loom has always come in handy, but when a stranger arrives with crucial information and a magical cloak in need of repair, suddenly Sydelle has something real to offer. When she realizes how high the stakes are and how many more secrets she doesn’t know, Syd has to decide what she’s willing to give up for a person she hardly knows.

This is a vivid and colorful story. I haven’t read the original novel but this seemed to move along well. I like the idea of woven magic but it does feel like this just glosses over the magical world building. I think it would’ve bored me in a longer form so I’m glad read it this way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...