Sunday, February 23, 2020

We Are All Paralyzed by Brandon Sulser with Kate Lee

genre: memoir

For Brandon Sulser, life has not been a straight, predictable path.  From the time he was twelve, physical challenges and very real trauma have led to a life that some might see as tragic.  After four life-threatening accidents, though, Brandon chooses not to see it that way.  And make no mistake, it's a absolutely a choice - a choice to move towards the light of life instead of wallowing in the tragedies that have befallen him.

Despite my familiarity with Brandon and his story, I still found this a really engaging and enlightening book.  It's told from a Christian perspective and I often found myself feeling really deeply for him and his family as he experiences the kinds of tragedy that can make you wonder if God really does exist.  I appreciated his vulnerability that helped me have more empathy for those who are living with a physical disability.  I crazy admire his courage and tenacity and while sometimes the message is a little repetitive, it's a dang good message.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...