Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Golden Tresses of the Dead (Flavia de Luce #10) by Alan Bradley (audiobook)

genre: historical mystery

If Flavia De Luce is going to be at an event, you can bet there’s going to be something amiss. If it’s not a murder, chances are whatever it is will lead to one. The story begins as Flavia‘s elder sister gets married and involves just as much chemistry and sleuthing as ever. One favorite line? “a jolly good tweaking of the old pin tumblers” (referring to how she is looking forward to picking a lock).

 I am never disappointed by these stories and I really enjoyed how well Flavia and Dogger work as a team in this book in particular. It made for a different and interesting twist to the formula that I hope will continue, because apparently I am never going to be done listening to Flavia De Luce solve mysteries. Oh, Another amazing line that I have to incorporate into my life somehow: “I sometimes suffer from an excess of zeal!” Yes, that fits me pretty perfectly myself. Huzzah for Flavia and her fellow characters. I’m all in.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I am a few books behind in this series. I do need to get back to them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...