Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman

genre: young adult dystopian

**Thunderhead is the second book in the Arc of a Scythe series, you for sure need to read book one, Scythe, first.  Like, go get it now.**

While Citra is now a junior scythe working with Scythe Marie Curie, Rowan has gone off-grid, committing his own kind of vigilante justice as retribution for the atrocities he sees some "new order" scythes committing.  But there is a bigger plot they are both unknowingly a part of and when Citra, now Scythe Anastasia's life is threatened, she has to find out if the Thunderhead will make itself known and pick sides or will the unsavories of the world and reckless, power-hungry scythes turn the world into something completely unrecognizable?

I did NOT want to put this down.  It hooked me from the beginning and had me calling my sister to freak out about what happens in this dystopian world.  So many different threads weaving through the plot, so much blatant evil fighting against a weaker and yet determined good, so many things for my brain to process and try to piece together.  I love the more intimate presence of the Thunderhead in this book, the way it makes you think about the very concept of God.  I loved that it kept me guessing 100% until the last word of this very large novel and that the moment I closed it I found I still wanted more.  I'm so glad there is one more book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...