Monday, August 19, 2019

Warcross by Marie Lu

genre:  ya litrpg

Emika Chen is a hacker.  A good one.  And in a world where the game of Warcross has transitioned from a hobby into a way of living, being a hacker can come in handy when you need to make some cash.  Her speciality is tracking down criminals and when a glitch during a championship Warcross game leads to a crazy job opportunity, Emika can hardly say no. It doesn't take long, though, for Emika to find out that the job runs deeper than it looks and getting it done isn't as straightforward as she'd hoped.

This one really grabbed me from the start.  Emika is a sympathetic character and I liked have a gritty(ish) and wicked smart female as the protagonist.  I liked the overlay of the Warcross game-world onto our world - the speculative piece of the story made it really interesting to me.  By the end I really wanted to know what was going to happen and I liked the cliffhanger ending. Fun book.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...