Thursday, March 28, 2019

What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe

genre: non-fiction, science

A random cross section of crazy What If questions, this book takes you deep into the science of the world around us, from the tiny atomic scale to the scale of exploding stars. When I say deep science, I mean that sometimes I was so over my head I had to just let to go, but other times I was totally with it and sort of astonished by what I was even thinking about. The science is offset with good humor and pop culture references that make it super readable. Dungeons and Dragons metaphors, all kinds of ways to blow things up or turn us all to plasma, I never knew where an answer was going to lead.  Was I dying to listen all the time? No. Did I have to work hard to not let my brain wander sometimes? I did. But did I enjoy it? Yep.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...