Monday, February 18, 2019

Fragile Ordinary by Samantha Young

genre: young adult romance

For Comet Caldwell, anonymity is just fine.  Despite the flashiness of her name, Comet absolutely prefers the pages of a book to having to navigate social relationships.  With a lonely homelife and penchant for rhymed poetry, Comet just wants to finish high school and get away from her tiny Scottish coastal town and out into the real world as quickly as possible.  Except then Tobias, the handsome new American student, arrives.  She knows she doesn't have a chance with him, but the heart wants what it wants, right?

Okay, so it's a teenage romance novel.  It's cheesy and trope-y and sometimes I rolled my eyes at the writing.  But, I did stay up late reading it so the romance did appeal to me, apparently.  Plus, it's Scotland and the main character does have an interesting arc as she works through her social anxiety and figures out what she deserves.  I can't gush to you about it but I also didn't hate it :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...