Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (audiobook)

genre: young adult fantasy

Oh my GOODNESS!  This is the third installment in this four book series and I am dying to know what happens next - but make sure you read the first two books first:

#1 An Ember in the Ashes

#2 A Torch Against the Night

The ladies in this story are at the forefront: Laia is trying to track down the Nightbringer, SURE he is up to something horrible and Helene - now truly the Blood Shrike - is focused on keeping the Empire safe from its enemies both within and without.  While Elias is learning how to play his role as Soul Catcher, the line between the dead and the living, as well as the imprisoned jinn, become ever important.

ALL the feelings in this story, so many revelations and then, by the end, SO MANY QUESTIONS.  My sister and I had a fifteen minute conversation today just about all the things we want to know!  Such a powerful story about people trying to be true to themselves while protecting those they love.  I wish we'd had a bit more Elias but I can tell his role is essential and I love watching Laia and Helene grow and learn, they are intricate and complicated characters.  I seriously loved this book and HIGHLY recommend the audio - wonderful narrators and accents that really helped me be a part of the story.  Helene, particularly, made me FEEL in this book, and part of that was the beautiful narration.

If you are a YA fantasy lover that can handle some pretty violent stuff, I really recommend you try this series out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...