Monday, March 9, 2015

Atlantia by Ally Condie

genre: young adult

Rio lives beneath the sea in a contained city called Atlantia.  Divided from the polluted world Above, Atlantia is a place of Gods and miracles, a place where everyone knows where they belong - except Rio. Rio is a siren, a person who can control others with her voice - and in Atlantia, this is a dangerous thing to be.  Always forced to hide her true self, Rio has always longed to live Above and when the time comes when she finally gets to choose, her hopes are crushed and soon she finds a darker side of Atlantia and there is no way to know who to trust.

I just really did not like this one.  It stuttered and dragged.  Rio asks SO MANY QUESTIONS, she drove me crazy with the questions! And while some things never fit together in a way that makes sense, other things were too crazy coincidental. I love the concept of this book and I kept reading because I was engaged by the first initial mystery - but 3/4 of the way through I realized I should have just stopped. It's not for me.

I did enjoy Matched, so if you want to try something by this author, I'd suggest that instead.


note: if you're interested in the content of the books I read, please go to http://ratedreads.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...