Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fairy Godmothers, Inc. by Jenniffer Wardell

genre: adult fiction


Kate has a rather intriguing job: she's a Fairy Godmother.  Yes, she's got the wings and her duties really do include creating happily ever after for people.  Well, for those people who have paid for it and signed a contract dictating what SORT of "Happily Ever After" they desire.  Typically True Love is involved.  And Kate has learned how to orchestrate it all, enjoying her job just enough to make it tolerable.

And then she gets her latest case.

It involves your typical Cinderella story only, Cinderella is NOT so typical and the prince that's SUPPOSED to be involved is, actually, not available.  It's the brother of this prince that begins to make this story exciting and turn Kate's life and job pretty much upside down.

If you are needing a little bit of fluffery fun, this was quite enjoyable.  There's a fair bit of snarky banter that I enjoyed, the love story is smartly written and I like the author's twist on the fairy tale genre.  I'm not sure why I wasn't completely thrilled, maybe the ending was just a bit much for me to believe.  I couldn't tell if she was just rushing to finish and set it up for another book - the pacing and action just felt off somehow.  She had me all the way until the very end, though, and I am still glad I read it, since there is, at least, a happily ever after.

note: if you're interested in the content of the books I read, please go to http://ratedreads.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...