Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Boundless by Cynthia Hand

genre: young adult paranormal romance

In this conclusion to the Unearthly trilogy (I really enjoyed the first and second books), Clara's newest vision makes her certain that trouble is coming.  Between starting school at Stanford, figuring out how she feels about fellow angel Christian, trying to forget Tucker and grieving the loss of her mom, life is pretty complicated.  Not only that, but Clara's best friend Angela is acting bizarre and soon even more mysteries from the angelic world fall into place - and not in a good way.  Clara has to be ready to fight and ready to choose sides in the eternal war between good and evil.

I really like the angel-lore of these paranormal books.  I think their powers are just intriguing and the vision plot device is well done.  Their was several twists I didn't see coming (or at least I couldn't figure out how they would work out) and it read quick.  I like this author's writing style - it's witty and yet very tender sometimes.  Not just total fluff.  Very fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...