Saturday, September 8, 2012

Guest Review: Vordak the Incomprehensible "Double Trouble"

genre: upper elementary children's

I was sent a copy of this book, subtitled "Double Trouble," by the publisher.  I handed it to my 9.5 year old son and he immediately sat down and devoured it, reading several funny parts out loud to me as he went along.  I have watched him read it at least one more time since.  Today, I asked him to tell me about it:

"This book is very funny.  Vordak makes a clone of himself - his clone, Vordie, pretends to be good but he's really even eviler than Vordak himself.  Then Vordak realizes he's actually 99.9% evil but .1% good.  He has go to to the Villain and Son picnic but before he gets there he accidentally goes to the Villain and Daughter picnic instead.  But there are also these people, a guy named Fred comes and makes a clone chamber but Fred always gets in trouble and he accidentally clones himself two times.  And then that person clones themselves and so there is eight.  But the funniest part is that Vordak says that if the clones don't do good, he'll put them in a vat of boiling yogurt."

Then we had a short interview:

Mom asks, "How many stars out of five should this book get?"

Xavey says, "Four - it isn't one of my FAVORITE books, but I wouldn't give it a zero either.  I wouldn't say it was perfect but I'd say it was good.

MOm asks, "Did it make you laugh out loud?"

Xavey says, "Oh yeah."

Mom asks, "Does it has both text and drawings, like Diary of a Wimpy Kid?"

Xavey says, "Yes."

And then he had to go play Legos and wouldn't talk to me anymore.  For myself, even just the back cover had me chuckling to myself.  I just looked at my library and it appears that Double Trouble is the 3rd in a series.  I just requested the first two - I think he'll love them.

note: if you're interested in the content of the books I read, please go to http://ratedreads.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...