Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Review: Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

rating: 4/5
genre: graphic novel/young adult

Of course this was darling. What else could it be? In this tale, Rapunzel is not a princess in a tower waiting to be saved - she's a woman with a mission and her hair is a nunchuck-like weapon. This tall tale/fairy tale is perfect for the graphic novel medium. With her handsome companion (NOT a prince), she fights all kinds of bad guys and scary monsters - and the art is superb, very visually satisfying. The dialogue felt very "girl power" - Rapunzel takes care of herself and is a compassionate heroine. I had to pry this one out of my children's hands to finish reading it. A lot of fun.

1 comment:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I've seen really cute pictures of Shannon over at Natasha's blog. Still haven't read anything by her. Eventually I'll get there but until then I just keep adding the books to my list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...