Thursday, June 26, 2008

Orbis Terrarum Challenge Wrap-Up

What a fantastic challenge!! I feel like I have truly accomplished something - nine books from nine different countires. This sort of challenge stretches me because it gets me out of my comfort zone and, especially, expands my mind and helps me to be more aware of the world around me.

Countries I traveled to: Iraq, Russia, Germany, Cuba, Hungary, Columbia, India, France and Iran.

I would do this one again in a heartbeat. My favorite journeys? I think probably to India and Iraq. These books gave me the best sense of their culture and place.

Thanks to Bethany - well done, girl!!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Very nice. It looks like you've had quite the trip.

I am considering doing a summer reading challenge that involves reading 10 books on my TBR shelf. On the actual SHELF. But The Once and Future King is taking up lots of time . . .

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

WOW!!! Look at you! Great work! It has been such a treat having you reading in this challenge, so fun! I love reading your reviews and all...sad that you are done, but excited for you too :) have a great summer with your swimming kiddos!!!!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Finished already? Fantastic!! I'm loving this challenge as well and can't wait for another. You traveled to some great places!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...